Prio Wealth Limited Partnership (“Prio Wealth”, “we”, “us”, “our”) respects your privacy and is committed to maintaining the highest standards of confidentiality. The privacy of your personal information is important to us. We consider your nonpublic personal information to be private and confidential. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of trust and confidence for any personal information given to us. This Privacy Notice applies to information about you that we collect through this website www.priowealth.com (“Website”) and in providing services to you. This Privacy Notice is designed to help you understand how we collect, use, and safeguard the personal information you provide to us and to assist you in making informed decisions when using the Website and our services.
This Privacy Notice only applies to this Website and our services. We may provide links to other websites. We are not responsible for any content, advertising, products, services, or other materials on or available from those third party websites or for any privacy or other practices of the third parties operating those websites. You are responsible for reading and understanding the privacy notice of any third party website before you provide your information to those third parties.
We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Notice at any time. We will post notice of modifications to this Privacy Notice on this webpage. Changes will be effective immediately but will not apply retroactively. Checking this webpage for updates is your responsibility.
Information We Collect
We may collect two types of information from you when you visit and use the Website:
- Information that you provide to us; and
- Information that we collect automatically
In some cases, if you choose not to provide us with information that we request, you may not be able to use certain functions or features of the Website.
Information you provide to us
“Personal Information” is information about an identified or identifiable natural person. We collect and use Personal Information such as name, address and telephone number through the Website. Typically, you will provide your Personal Information to us through applications and other forms that you submit to us. We may collect Personal Information from you for other purposes and under other circumstances. We will tell you why we are collecting your Personal Information and how it will be used when we do so. You don’t have to provide any Personal Information just to visit the Website. In some cases, if you choose not to provide us with the requested Personal Information, you may not be able to use a specific service or function of the Website.
In working with you, we may also collect information from your custodian relating to assets held, security transactions and money transfers as well as information on your other investment and bank accounts. We may also collect information we receive from working with your attorney, accountant, or other advisors.
Information we automatically collect when you use the Services
Whenever you visit the Website, we may automatically receive and record information from your computer or mobile device. This information may include: the device you use to access our use the Website, the platform, browser or operating system installed on your device, the individual pages you visit on the Website, the files you viewed, and the website form which you navigated to the Website (together, “Non-Identifiable Information”).
How We Use Your Personal Information
We primarily use your Personal Information to provide our services to you, as requested by you, or as required by any agreements between us and you. We may also use your Personal Information to enhance the operation of this Website, for marketing and promotional purposes, for customer or technical support, as permitted by law, and for any other purpose with your consent.
We may use and disclose Non-Identifiable Information for any lawful purpose without any obligation or accounting to you. When we do so, we will take reasonable measures to ensure that the Non-Identifiable Information does not and cannot be used to later identify you.
When We May Share Your Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties as described herein:
- We may share your Personal Information with parties that represent you, such as custodians, financial consultants or other non-affiliated third parties at your consent or direction. We will only share your Personal Information with outside service providers if they agree to adhere to appropriate privacy policies and use your Personal Information only for the purpose for which it was given to them.
- We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and we may need to share your Personal Information with them to provide our services to you, to respond to your technical support questions, or to provide customer support. Unless we tell you differently, they do not have any right to use your Personal Information beyond what is necessary to assist us.
- We may disclose your Personal Information at the request of law enforcement or government agencies, in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process, or as otherwise required by any law, rule, or regulation to which we are subject. We may also disclose your Personal Information to protect the rights, property, or safety of another person or to prevent fraud. We may disclose your Personal Information to investigate or prevent your violation of any contractual or other relationship with us or your illegal or unlawful activities.
- In the event we undergo a business transaction such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your Personal Information may be among the assets transferred.
- Seaward Fiduciary Services is an affiliate of Prio Wealth that provides corporate trustee services. Information is shared with Fiduciary Services only upon the client request for corporate trustee services.
Cookies and Internet Advertising
Managing Your Personal Information
You can contact us at email@example.com to find out if we hold any Personal Information about you. You may request that we update, correct, or delete any Personal Information that we have about you. We may not be able to delete all of your Personal Information because of laws, rules, or regulations that apply to us. We will always endeavor to tell you why we cannot modify or delete your Personal Information if this is ever the case. Additionally, your Personal Information may reside in our backup archives after we delete your Personal Information from our production system.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Data
We will retain your Personal Information for only as long as needed to fulfill the purposes for which it is collected. We will retain and use your Personal Information as necessary to comply with our business requirements and legal obligations, to resolve disputes, to protect our assets, and to enforce agreements to which we are a party.
Marketing and Newsletters
We may periodically send you newsletters or marketing material via email. You can opt-out of our marketing materials by managing your communication preferences in your account or by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in each email. We may continue to send you administrative emails even if you indicate that you no longer wish to receive promotional email from us.
Information Security Procedures
We restrict access to your Personal Information to only those employees who need to know that information to provide our financial services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal and certain state standards to guard your Personal Information from unauthorized disclosure. Our employees, when working with your Personal Information, must protect the security, integrity and the confidential nature of your Personal Information. Our employees are bound by our Code of Ethics and other policies to access customer information only for legitimate business purposes and to keep your Personal Information confidential. As a business located in Massachusetts, we adhere to the Commonwealth’s Privacy Law for all clients, even if they reside in another state.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. There are security and privacy limitations of the Internet that are beyond our control which means that we cannot guarantee the security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through our Website cannot be guaranteed. Any information and data transmitted over the Internet may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
California Privacy Rights
California Consumer Privacy Act. If the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) applies to the Personal Information about you that we collect and use, then the following terms may apply:
- Right to Know. In some circumstances, you have the right to request from us the categories of Personal Information we have collected about you, the categories of sources from which your Personal Information was collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your Personal Information, the categories of third parties with whom we share your Personal Information, and the specific pieces of Personal Information that we have collected about you. You may call us at 617-224-1900 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “CCPA Right to Know” in the subject line and in the body of your message to exercise this right.
- Right to Deletion. In some circumstances, you may have the right to request that we delete any Personal Information about you that we have collected from you. You may call us 617-224-1900 at or email us at email@example.com with “CCPA Right to Deletion” in the subject line and in the body of your message to exercise this right. There are situations where we are not required to comply with your request to deletion and we will let you know if one of those situations arises.
We reserve the right to verify your identity before we process any request relating to your Personal Information.
You may use an authorized agent to submit a request to know or a request to delete. To use an authorized agent, you must provide your agent with written authorization and we may require you to provide to us proof of your identity. We may deny a request from your agent if they do not submit proof that you have authorized them to act on your behalf. Such requirements will not apply where you have provided your authorized agent with power of attorney pursuant to Cal. Prob. Code Sections 4000 to 4465.
We do not sell your Personal Information.
We will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise any of the above rights granted to you by the CCPA. We are not discriminating against you if we deny a request to know or delete if we have a legitimate reason for the denial. We may also charge a fee for excessive or repetitive requests.
Shine the Light. Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who provide certain personally identifiable information in connection with obtaining products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once per calendar year information about the information that we shared with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared information for the immediately prior calendar year. To obtain this information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your email address in response. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” requirements, and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response. We may ask for additional information to verify your identity.
Consumer Rights Notice. Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, we are required to provide California residents with the following specific consumer rights information:
- This website Site is owned and operated by Prio Wealth.
- Unless otherwise expressly stated, this website Site is provided without charge.
- To file a complaint regarding this website Site or to receive further information regarding use of this Website, please send a letter to or contact us via email at email@example.com. You also may contact the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of California’s Department of Consumer Affairs in writing at 400 R Street, Suite 1080, Sacramento, California 95814 or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.
Do Not Track Signals. Some web browsers may transmit “do not track” signals to websites with which the web browser communicates. This Website does acknowledge “do not track” signals.
General Data Protection Regulation
You may have certain rights regarding the Personal Information we have about you if your Personal Information is protected by the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). In some circumstances, you may have the right to:
- Access the Personal Information we have about you
- Correct the Personal Information we have about you
- Restrict the processing of your Personal Information
- Have your Personal Information deleted (i.e. the “right to be forgotten”)
- Object to the processing of your Personal Information
- Not be subject to automated decision-making
- Take your Personal Information somewhere else (i.e. the right to portability)
You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make any of these requests. We may require you to provide proof of your identity before complying with your request. There may be situations where we are not required to comply with your request and we will let you know if one of those situations arises.
Our lawful basis for processing your Personal Information is typically going to be your consent, but we also may process your Personal Information because of a legal obligation, because of performance of a contract with you, or because we have a legitimate interest in doing so.
We hope that you don’t ever have an issue with the way that we handle your Personal Information, but if you do, contact us at email@example.com to let us know so that we can make it right. If you’re ever not happy with the way that we handle your request, you can file a complaint with your local supervisory authority.
Consumers Outside of the United States
This Website is hosted in the United States and is governed by United States law. If you are visiting or using the Website from outside the United States, please be aware that your Personal Information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country.
Links To Third Party Websites
The Website is not intended for children under the age of 13. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13 years of age, do not provide any information about yourself on the Website. If you are a parent or guardian and you discover that your child under 13 years of age has provided Personal Information to us, then you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request that we delete the child’s Personal Information from our systems.
If you have questions or require further information, please contact us at 617-224-1900 or email@example.com.
265 Franklin Street
Boston, MA 02110-3199